Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A little Coldplay & a trip to the ER

Last Saturday was great (mostly). We bought tickets way back in June to see Coldplay at the Delta Center (I mean, Energy Solutions Arena). This was to be Jacob's first ever "real" rock concert. Those of you who know me well, know that this stud was my first rock concert at the tender age of 14:



The concert was fabulous. One of the best I've seen in years. Those Coldplay boys really know how to put on a show.


Walking to the concert:


Waiting for the concert to start:


Did you know John Stockton is the NBA leader in assists & steals? I didn't. But I do now:



One excited litte boy:

Yes, we are responsible parents:



Here's Jake with about 3 songs left to go in the show:


Post concert photo:

Awesome night, until...

We got home late, after midnight. I was just sitting down to relax after tucking Jake in when Sophie came running, in a panic, from her bedroom screaming that she couldn't breathe. This happened last year when she had Croup. I did all the things you are supposed to do. I took her outside in the freezing cold -- didn't help. I sat with her in a steam-filled bathroom -- didn't help. So I was getting very worried, as any mother would with a child who is not breathing, so Suzy & I threw her in the car and drove to the ER at 1 am.

Sophie when we arrived:


Sophie after hours of breathing treatments, medication and a big old shot:


The cool hosptial gift bag seemed to be the biggest hit of all:


So, we arrived home and finally got to bed at about 4:30 a.m.

Never a dull moment with the McRaes.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun-filled(?) night! Glad Sophie is okay. That sounds scary.

Betsy said...

Oh my gosh!!!! So cool for Jacob and such a bummer about Sophie!!!! Glad you all made it through the night. How about a family afternoon nap today? :)