Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weekend Roundup

We started our weekend with Emma going to her good friend Annie's 8th birthday party. It was at a really neat place called "Almosta Ranch". The theme for the party was "Fashion" and the girls were all supposed to dress fashionably. This is what Emma came up with. She bought the cute hat at the Beehive Bazzaar on Friday with her own money. I think she looks adorable.




Saturday evening was spent at InstaCare in Orem. Poor Sophie got a sinus infection and an eye infection. She looked like she'd been socked in the eye, with tons of goop oozing out all sides of her eye. Yuk. No pictures of this doctor visit, sorry.

Sunday evening we went to Grandma & Grandpa McRae's for a birthday dinner for Joseph and Amy. I hope everyone knows that Joseph has a twin, but if you didn't, you do now. Ann provided a delicious dinner, and the kids had a blast playing with their cousins. Happy birthday you two!




8 comments:

Suzy said...

Emma looks so cute! She's got good style already. Happy Birthday Joe and Amy!

Cindi said...

Poor Sophie. Have you thought about getting her checked out by an ENT. She shouldn't have so many sinus infections. Coming from one mom who has a daughter who got them constantly until we took out her adnoids.
Emma does look styling- way to put an outfit together.

Lindsay said...

Poor Sophie! Cooper is just recovering from pink eye so he can totally sympathize with her. Emma looks stylin' as usual. And happy birthday Joe!

Jen said...

Good point Cindi. Jake had his adnoids out at about this age. That hadn't occurred to me. I'm making an appointment today. She just can't seem to knock this infection she has right not. Not even after Zithromax.

Cindi said...

Paige was the same way. We found out when we took her tonsils and adnoids out that her tonsils were rotten and were contributing to her sinus infections and not ever healing completely. Good luck with everything.

Betsy said...

I totally recognize that pin Emma is wearing! And yes, I agree with everyone (Cindi)...after reading this post it does seem the Soph gets ill quite often. Adnoids be gone!

Jen said...

Ok, ok, I'll make an appt. with our ENT. I would hate for her to have rotting tonsils! (that's sounds horrific Cindi)

Bets--good eye with the pin. It's been several years since you gave that to me.

Mom :) said...

Okay, my name isn't really mom. Well, not to you anyway! I'm Shellie Rasmussen (now Giddings). I knew Joey and Amy and the other McRaes in Anaheim when we were kids.

I talked to Judy tonight on FB and found out about the restauraunt so I googled it and got here to your blog. I'm not a stalker, I promise!

It's been fun to see the McRaes and Joey (I'm guessing he doesn't like to be called Joey anymore... lol).