Sunday, February 21, 2010

Priscilla (the one-eyed wonder dog)

Thursday evening I took the kids & Rosie to Petco to pick up some cat food. I NEVER go to Petco. I'm a PetSmart girl, but my mom had given me a gift card to Petco, so there we were. As we walked in, we noticed a pet adoption drive going on, and immediately saw this adorable black dog.


We played with her for a while and the kids begged for her, but really, my life is busy enough as a pseudo single mom (you know with Joseph gone most of the time), why would I ever add the chaos of a dog to the family.



But... she was sooo cute.



We decided to take her home and "foster" her for a night. Those tricky adoption people...


Long story short... she's ours!! And, she is missing one eye. Sad story. She was attacked by a bull-mastiff who took her eye out.




She's 5 years old, potty-trained, uses a doggy door, rides in the car well.... and did I mention she was really cute? Of course, we can't change her name, she's been Priscilla for 5 years. We've been calling her Scilla - we like that better. She needs a good bath and grooming which she'll get tomorrow. I'll post some more pictures then.

3 comments:

suzytag said...

She really is the sweetest little thing! She has the cutest face you just gotta get some of that hair trimmed!

Betsy said...

OK fine. She's pretty cute. You better just make sure you keep the hair around her eye nicely groomed or she'll be officially blind.

Zach & Lizzy said...

She is so adorable!! Bring more pictures on Monday! I can't wait to see you guys! I miss seeing you all!