Thursday, April 8, 2010

April so far...

The month started with Jake asking me if he and his friend Kevin could build a fire pit. I told him no. It's way too dangerous. So of course, several hours later, Jake & Kev asked me to come check out the side of the house.

This is what I found:

It's big.

It's too bad for Jake & Kevin though.

All that hard work and by this time next week we should have some lovely garden boxes located in this very spot.

Jake turned 12 on April Fool's Day. He didn't want a big party, he just wanted dinner at Communal. So that's what we did. Suz & Ryan and Mom & Dad also joined us.

Another dream of Jake's came true on this day. Xbox 360 Elite. Shortly after this picture was taken, he disappeared for 12 hours. He beat Halo 3 already.
Family portrait of Suz, Ryan & the dog they wished they owned, Priscilla.
What kind of weirdo doesn't like cake? This weirdo. Nice blueberry muffins.
Next up, Easter.
Thank heavens for grandma & grandpa. They had everything ready for us.











Hmmm... what's that?
Need a closer look?
I wonder which of my children did that?
The freak snowstorm on Monday night while I was driving home.

(Don't say it Bets... Oprah will be mad at me for snapping this photo... I can't help myself.)
Today we headed up to the Living Planet Aquarium.
Just like we did last spring break.
Unfortuanately, every family in the state of Utah also decided to go today.
We bailed.
We racked our brains for something fun to do.

This is what we came up with:

The dreaded Nickelcade.
Yuk.

The kiddos are starting to look a bit tired, don't you think?

A closer look:
What in the world are "electronic cigarettes?"

Warms your heart, doesn't it?

Not pictured?

Allie's fabulous birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese last night.

You'll have to check out her blog to see all the fun.

No comments: