Monday, May 3, 2010

Teaching is an ego boost for sure.

Two years ago, when Sophie went into the 1st grade, I started substitute teaching. It is a great way to work, and be home with the kids at the same time. It's definitely hard sometimes,
but other times, like today,it can be a real ego boost.

Maybe this happens to all teachers, I'm not sure, but for some reason, children love to draw pictures of me when I teach them. Sometimes the pictures are flattering. Sometimes... not so much.
Today I received two such portraits of myself:


Not too shabby... I've looked much worse! Notice my eyelashes in both though. Maybe I need to lighten it up a little :)

Then, another student handed me this sweet note as we left school today:


As tired as I get sometimes, days like this reaffirm
why I love what I'm doing.
I'll miss teaching this summer...really!

1 comment:

730am said...

Thanks!Jennifer - I am so happy knowing my kids are loved and cared for by you!!!!