Monday, June 7, 2010

Yep, moms & dads are different.

I was so lucky this past weekend. Since Joseph is spending the week in New York City, he thought it'd be nice if I took some time for myself this past Saturday. I could go shopping, run errands and he would take the kids. Nice, huh?

Well, the kids had a great day. They all had friends over. Sophie & her good friend Audrey spent the entire day outside playing in the sprinklers, jumping on the trampoline, coloring with sidewalk chalk... you know...summer in suburbia.

When I got home around 3 p.m., I noticed Sophie looked fairly pink, so I asked her if she had put sunscreen on. She told me that dad told her to put it on herself. Hmmm. Really? Well, you can now see the aftermath of an 8 year old applying her own sunscreen:


And the blisters have gotten bigger since I took the picture this morning. When I questioned Joseph sweetly about the "sunscreen issue" (ok, maybe I wasn't so sweet), he told me that she wanted to do it herself.

Yes, moms & dads are different.

4 comments:

suzytag said...

Oh my gosh that's horrible! I was worried it would blister :( Poor girl...I hope it gets better soon. See you tomorrow!

Betsy said...

That reminds me of that pic of Matt w/the poison oak blisters on his leg. Grrrrrrrross. Sorry Soph. :( See you tomorrow! (jk jk)

Casey Childs said...

Oh that makes me cringe! Poor Sophie.

Amanda said...

That was me commenting, not Casey. Oops. :)