Thursday, December 4, 2008

O Christmas Tree . . .

Monday evening Suzy, Ryan and Allie came down to Provo for our annual "buying of the Christmas tree" ritual. We started out by heading over to Baum's Christmas Tree lot in Provo, our very favorite place to buy our trees.

Suzy & Emma looking cute:

I found our tree in approximately 3 minutes. Suzy, on the other hand, took about an HOUR. Poor Ryan . . . how many trees did he have to hold up?




For some reason, there was this kid by the lot riding a pony. I wanted to get a picture of my kids by themselves, but I couldn't get the other kid to get out of the picture. It also appears that Sophie has a future in horse whispering. She seems to have a "connection" with this pony:


After we bought our trees, we headed over to the pizzeria for a yummy dinner.


After dinner we headed home to put the tree up. Thanks Ryan for helping me get it in the stand.

Sophie apparently couldn't wait for me to get the ornaments out, so she made some custom ornaments:



When I finally did pull the ornament box out, we couldn't get Sammy out of it:

In fact, four days later, the ornament box is still sitting on the kitchen table because I don't have the heart to take away Sammy's new little bed.

The payoff:

3 comments:

Suzy said...

SO CUTE...Our christmas tree posts are going to be looking very similar! Love the red, white and green lights.

ps...your cat is weird.

Amanda said...

Awwww ... good old Sammy! The tree looks great. Not sure if we'll get around to getting one this year. What's the point when you have an Owen?

Betsy said...

Love it. I can't believe how big Allie is getting!!!! All the kids look like little adults!