Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

I know I'm a bit late, but here is the recap of our fun Thanksgiving weekend.

We started our vacation with a trip to the movies with Suzy & Ryan. I felt like the last person on earth to see this:


It was good. Even Joseph liked it.

On Thanksgiving morning Joseph & I decided to take the kids to see this:


It was great. Funny, action-packed and even a bit tender....it could actually bring a tear to your eye.


We discovered that no one in Utah goes to the movies on Thanksgiving morning. There were only about 4 other people in the theater. In fact, the mall doesn't even bother turning on the lights. Whatever...




After the movie, we got ready for dinner. This year's guests included Aunt Carol, Uncle Bob & Taylor, Kiara & Yoda, and Ryan. Auntie Carole made an appearance a bit later. Here are some random shots of the evening:



Emma made adorable personalized name-tags for everyone. Should I feel bad that mine was personalized like this:








Shocker!! Joseph is napping!



Mom & Dad celebrating the last Thanksgiving in the Pleasant View house:



Suzy's deviled eggs:


My beautiful mandarin orange cottage cheese salad:


My delicious spinach dip made with REAL mayonaise.... yum:



Sophie modeling with the turkey:








I hope your Thanksgiving was as fun as ours.

Watch out Christmas... here we come!

6 comments:

Cindi said...

Looks fun! Where are your parents going? We need to catch up sometime. Looking forward to hearing all about Christmas.

Amanda said...

You're not the last one to see it. Everything looks delicious. Can I come next time? :)

Suzy said...

Good times...where are the rest of the pics of Joe sleeping? haha

Betsy said...

You win. I'm sad we weren't there. :( But we'll see you soon! I can't believe when we come visit it'll be to a different house!

Suzy said...

I can never get enough of that song nightswimming whenever I look at your blog, I love it! haha

Meikel said...

Joseph, so great to see you! As always the restaurant is amazing. So glad you told me about your blog, your family is beautiful!