Monday, April 6, 2009

It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Sammy is officially turning into a dog. He no longer wants/is able to go through his cat door. He now stands and waits by the cat door until I open the door and let him out to use his litter.



Then I have to leave the door cracked open so he can come back in when he's done. Like this:


Many of you remember sweet Frisco (R.I.P). He never had a problem using/fitting through the cat door.

My next step in solving this problem is to gently suggest to my fabulous, handsome, witty husband that we should get a new, updated cat door. One that can accomodate the girth of dear Sammy. Maybe we'll actually need to get a small dog door now that I think about it. Something like this would be nice:



Or I guess there is always this option:





Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Betsy said...

The story of this enormous cat's antics keeps me rivited to the internet at all times. Is he seriously too big to shove through the door? Like have you tried to bribe him through it? Hahahahahaha...oh Sammy. Your ginormity is hilarious.

(And RIP Frisco. You were mean but we remember you fondly.)

Amanda said...

That is awesome! I tried to pull one over on Putty with the whole diet food thing. He didn't go for it. He just whined and meowed and quacked until it annoyed me so bad that I went back to the regular food. The vet told me that Science Diet Hairball (not light) was good, though. He said it would help with Harriette's hairball issues and Putty's weight issues. Well, at least their issues haven't gotten any worse. I think. Sammy rocks!

Suzy said...

It's time to stop buying cats.