Thursday, March 11, 2010

Does anyone else do this?

Apparently my kids think the answer is "no."
They think I'm a little weird.

Sometimes (ok, a lot of times) when I'm driving I see something that is so beautiful that I pull out the iPhone
and snap a few photos.
Sometimes the pictures turn out,
and sometimes (for obvious reasons like I'm driving!), they don't.

I have also been known to pull the car over to the side of the road and snap a quick picture.

See the double rainbow?
This past fall I was driving to my parents house and I looked over at Jake and it struck me that he had turned into a young man. His feet were getting so big. He seemed gangly. I could imagine him as a teenager, looking just like this, sleeping in the car. So... I snapped a few pictures to remember this moment. :)
Whenever I pick up the kids from school, I always drive by these birds:
Just driving down 8th North and the mountains looked stunning on this day:
And sometimes the pictures don't turn out, or,
I can't remember what I thought was so great.
Some things just don't translate well onto iPhone:

I think Tom (Joseph's cousin) said it best. He told me I do this because I'm getting old. In your 20's you don't care as much about this stuff, but as we age, we learn to appreciate the world around us a little more. I think he's onto something...

6 comments:

suzytag said...

Remember how you're supposed to be driving while you're taking all these pictures?? Nice rainbow shot though!

Betsy said...

Remember how pissed off Oprah will be if she sees this blog post Jenn? :) These are great shots! I especially like the one of Jake's gangly legs and his foot on the skateboard.

Cindi said...

Jen, I totally do this too. The crazy part is what Jake's friend said, that we are old. I am not ready to be cast into that category, but I guess if it fits, right?! Great pictures by the way.

Steve said...

Remember how Utah has lax cellphone in the car laws and how your going to roll the McRae mobile taking photos?

Lindsay said...

Love those! And I also cannot believe how old Jacob is. So weird.

Meg said...

Oh I do the same thing!