Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Picture day.

School picture day is almost as hectic as the first day school (for the girls, at least). Last night the girls spent hours, literally hours, trying on outfits and then minutes later changing their minds. I kept reminding them that it didn't matter what they wore on the bottom half of their bodies... just pick out a cute shirt! Once the shirts had been decided, the dilemma of accessories came next. You'll see they both settled on the oh-so-trendy-scarf as the accessory of choice. Then came the need to wake up extra early so hair could be curled and lip gloss could be applied. There's definitely something to be said for boys. Jake threw on his favorite brown t-shirt, ran his fingers through his hair and was done.

These pictures are proof positive that they all left the house looking picture ready. I'll post their actual school pictures when we get them back in a few weeks.



5 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe it was picture day already! Everyone looks mahhhhhvelous!

Suzy said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! The girls look glam and I like that you left Jake's hair long at least for this year!

Betsy said...

It's nice to see that you're NOT carrying on mom's tradition of lack of supervision on school picture day. I'm going to be haunted by my permed mullet and panda bear sweatshirt for the rest of my life.

Meg said...

they look picture ready that's for sure!

Lindsay said...

This makes me a little scared to have daughters!