Friday, March 11, 2011

Movies...

We've seen quite a few movies lately. A couple of week ago we saw Rabbit Hole with Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart. It was amazing. Two thumbs way up. That said though, it was really tough to watch. Definitely not a "feel good" movie, but incredibly honest performances. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days.
Next up, The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon (sigh). It was ok. I think it would have bombed if it hadn't been for Matt Damon who carried the whole film. It was a really cool idea, but it didn't come together. Rent it.
And finally, Winter's Bone, with lots of people I don't know. It was really good, but again, a real downer. It was a fascinating look into the lives of "mountain dwellers". (That's my own description of people who live in the Appalachians). It always amazes me that a huge segment of Americans live like that. Crazy. Rent it.
On deck for next week:
Battle: Los Angeles
Not my favorite type of movie, but a marriage is give and take, right? :)

No comments: